The Day of the Procedure
The following instructions are vital to the safe conduct of your procedure – please read carefully and feel free to contact the clinic if there are any queries
Please arrive in a timely fashion at the appointed time for your liposculpture procedure.
We can liaise on your behalf with friends or relatives to arrange pick-up at the conclusion of your procedure. We also operate a complementary pick-up and drop-off service to one of our partner hotels. You may eat or drink as normal before your procedure. It is important that you are fit and well for your procedure. If you have a cold, cough, sore throat or other illness, please telephone the Doctor for advice.
What is a tumescent anaesthetic?
This is when the area to be operated on is numbed using an injection. This means that you will be awake throughout the liposculpture procedure and will still have sensation, but you should feel very little or no discomfort. There are some common side effects of a local anaesthetic, which include local redness and swelling or bruising, and very rarely, allergic reactions. You may also feel the need to rest afterwards for a couple of hours.
What preparations do you need to make for your liposculpture procedure?
We recommend purchase of a suitable antiseptic solution to shower with prior to your liposuction procedure (HIBISCRUB). There is evidence to show that those who perform a whole body wash with HIBISCRUB have dramatically reduced infection rates after the procedure. Showering with HIBISCRUB solution should take place both on the evening before AND on the day of your procedure. The appropriate liposculpture compression garment will be available for you on the day of the procedure – we will fit this for you at the conclusion of the procedure. You will be shown how to remove and fit the garment correctly and how to care for it. The day before your liposculpture procedure Please ensure the sites as recommended by your Doctor are removed of hair by the application of either: shaving, clipping or a depilatory cream. This should be followed by a shower using the recommended antiseptic solution.
Before you leave home:
– Please remove any body piercing near or at the site of the body part to be operated on. If you have any body piercing you will be asked to remove the jewellery. If you are unable to do this, and the piercing is near or at the part of your body area being treated, then YOUR LIPOSCULPTURE PROCEDURE MAY HAVE TO BE CANCELLED. – Take your usual medications as normal unless otherwise instructed by the Doctor. – Have a bath or shower using the recommended anti-septic solution*** and clean your teeth as normal. – Please do not wear any nail varnish or make-up. – Please remove all your jewellery and other valuables and leave it at home. – Please wear loose-fitting and comfortable clothing.
– A pair of slippers.
– A small bag to keep your clothes in.
– Equipment to deal with contact lenses if you wear them.
– Something to read or keep you occupied while you are waiting.
– Any medicines that you are taking in their containers
Please do not bring:
– Valuables and restrict the amount of personal property and cash you bring with you to a minimum. Give the assistant any articles you wish to be kept safe when you arrive at the clinic. A receipt will be given for them.
– You will be responsible for all your property (including money and jewellery), which is not handed over for safe custody.
On the day of your procedure:
– Do eat a light meal eg porridge, yoghurt, fruit juice etc.
– Do NOT drink anything with caffeine (this will nullify the effects of the anxiolytic medication if any are administered)
– Please try to restrict the amount of fluids you drink. You will be injected with large amounts of fluids and will be unable to go to the restroom for several hours. Upon arrival, your identity will be confirmed. You will then be asked to change into appropriate clothing.
– The consent form will be signed by you after confirming the previously agreed upon treatment plan with your Doctor and a repeat discussion of the relevant risks and benefits.
– You will be weighed. – You will then have photographs taken.
– The treatment areas will be marked.
– Your vital signs will be measured and recorded. – You will be given antibiotic tablets to take orally with a sip of water +/- calming medication if required.
After the liposculpture procedure
– We will fit your compression garment for you and show you how to take it off, put it back on, and how to care for it properly
– You will be with us for approximately 30-60 minutes after your procedure
– You may rest in the recovery chair provided
– Once you are standing and walking comfortably, have been to the toilet, drinking fluids freely and in little or no discomfort – you will be safely discharged
– All appropriate dressings and medicines will be supplied to you at discharge. – A waterproof covering can be used to cover the seat of your car if required. We try to pad you enough so that you do not leak, but it is a possibility.
– You should protect your bed with a waterproof covering such as a mattress protector, and then covered with a towel or old blanket and then your sheet, at least for the first night.
Want more information or want to book a consultation? Leave your details and we will get in contact with you.